first day using VideoSync, I love it so far.
I can’t seem to figure out how to have a video effect only trigger when a MIDI note is played on an audio instrument. In the live 1.3 demo, he showed how we can use Tabula to then trigger Voronoi (effect) output because Voronoi has that Input Processing function. However, I can’t figure out how to do the same thing with ISF Loader, for example, because ISF loader doesn’t have a dry/wet, or an Input Processing Function. I would love to only have the ISF loader effects output be shown when I play a midi note on a midi audio instrument of a synth or any other midi instrument. Does anyone have any tips on how to do this?
Hey Cameron, welcome to the forum!
ISF Loader currently indeed doesn’t have any kind of Dry/Wet control. We can consider adding one to it, but for now here is a workaround:
- Group the ISF Loader
- Open the chain list of the Audio Effect Rack
- Add another chain with no effects on it
- Right click the Chain Volume for each chain and map them to Macro 1
- Click the Map button in the title bar of the Audio Effect Rack
- For the Wet chain, set the Min to -inf dB and Max to 0.0 dB
- For the Dry chain, set the Min to 0.0 dB and Max to -inf dB
You now have a custom Dry/Wet control!
Thank you so much Jean-Paul! That worked like a charm. I appreciate having the most responsive developer on earth with the most badass plugin to come to Ableton. I would definitely not complain and would celebrate if you decide to add the dry/wet or Input Processing Function to the ISF Loader. However, that workaround is perfect.
Keep up the amazing work, it is extremely appreciated.