Sending track ARM state with OSC and other questions

Hello,

I can see that in TrackGrabber I can’t select the ARM state of a track: is there any other way to send the state of the ARM button of a track?

I also can see that in SongGrabber the PlayingState parameter sends only two states: playback ON = 1 and playback OFF = 0: is there a way to send the state of the REC button too (maybe with the message “PlayingState 2”?

Is there a direct way to send via OSC the playhead position in minutes and seconds and maybe smaller bits? I mean without having to use Live MTC.

And a way to send the song start or loop start and loop end time?

Ah, and last (for now), is there a way to remotely know which view is active: session or arrangement?

Thank you.
fabio

Hi Fabio,

First of all, welcome to the Showsync forum :).
Our free tools wizard is still enjoying his holiday but I think I can answer your questions for now:

I can see that in TrackGrabber I can’t select the ARM state of a track: is there any other way to send the state of the ARM button of a track?

There is a way! It is just not yet implemented into TrackGrabber(yet). I will add this idea to our feature requests!

I also can see that in SongGrabber the PlayingState parameter sends only two states: playback ON = 1 and playback OFF = 0: is there a way to send the state of the REC button too (maybe with the message “PlayingState 2”?

I think this should be possible as well, and not a bad idea to add to Songgrabber. Will add it to the feature request list as well!

Is there a direct way to send via OSC the playhead position in minutes and seconds and maybe smaller bits? I mean without having to use Live MTC.

Right now there is not a direct way to do this with the Livegrabber devices. And I don’t know if this is something we would want to support with LiveGrabber(because LiveMTC indeed already exists and will probably be more accurate), but again not a bad idea! I will add this feature request to our internal discussions list :slight_smile:

And a way to send the song start or loop start and loop end time?

Looks like another feature request for Songgrabber I would say…:nerd_face:

Ah, and last (for now), is there a way to remotely know which view is active: session or arrangement? Again also possible but not yet implemented into the LiveGrabber functionality. Will add this one up for discussion as well.

So to sum it all up, thank you for your ideas and input :slight_smile: and I will add them to our feature requests. Unfortunately I can’t promise that all of them will make it into a next release and if they do when that release will be. But be sure to subscribe to our newsletter since new releases are always covered in there.

Best,
Eric

Hi Eric and thank you for your reply.

I’m glad that you consider my suggestions good enough to go into the agenda of a developing team discussion.

I knew about your Free Tools man’s holidays because yesterday I had a little conversation via email with Jean Paul about this things plus some other suggestions (or requests) for Live MTC, so I’ll be glad to wait the due time because, as their name states, they are “holy” “days” and must be respected.

Let me know if there is some repository where to add any other idea that would come to my mind.

I’m trying to build a thorough, remote controller to control Ableton from an Android tablet two meters away from the PC, via TouchOSC (Mk1, for now) and by now I feel there is too much of a lack of feedback from Live to the outside world, even for fundamental things.
In a home studio, where the “artist” and the engineer are the same person, when the first is there at the mic stand for tracking his/her vocals, the second can’t sit down at the PC desk…

Thanks.

fabio