Generic Profile Request

Hello, I am new to Beam and getting it set up with my new lighting rig consisting of 4 “knock off” Martin Atomic 3000 LED’s. Like the real thing, it has a 3, 4, and 14 channel mode. I am trying to get it set up for 14 channel mode, but Beam only includes the 3 and 4 channel fixture profiles. It mimics the Martin pretty well, just has some parred-down options. I think a profile for a real Martin Atomic 3000 extended mode would work on it (and better serve the community). I’ve attached the channel information for this model (no brand, generic). Thank you for any help!

EDIT: I checked the Martin Atomic 3000 manual, 14 channel mode does indeed mirror these generics. The only difference is channels 5 and 8 have extensive controls not present in these generic models.

I’m attempting to build this out myself. I’ll post my results here in case it can help anyone else. Here is the detailed DMX breakdown for the 14 channel mode:

Welcome to the forum!

I just wanted to let you know that Luka will get back to you with fixture profiles on Monday :slight_smile: .

Oh wow, amazing - thank you!

Hi @limbe,

Thanks for getting in touch! Here are the fixture profile files for Martin Atomic 3000 LED - 14ch / extended mode:

1. Place these files inside the Fixture Profiles/User folder, which you can find by going to Beam > Fixture Profiles… Restart Beam in order for the files to be recognised.
  2. In Beam’s Patch Editor add the Martin Atomic 3000 LED - 14ch fixture, but don’t assign any tags to it yet.
  3. Once you have added the fixture, double-click on it to reveal its components: Beam and Aura. Assign separate tags to each component.
  4. In Live, use separate Generic devices for the Beam and Aura backlight components.

Let me know if this works for you.

Hi Luka,
Thank you so much for these profiles! The beam part works great, can easily control the strobing and effect in live. I have not been able to get the Aura to work at all though, unfortunately. Even just testing in the beam software produces no result, and the plugin in live is also DOA.

I am using generics (I posted all the DMX addressing above) so maybe there are slight differences in the way each channel needs to be set up? Let me know if there’s a way I can troubleshoot on my end. Thank you again for your support!

To clarify, I am unable to access the color wheel/color lights at all. The only parameters that work are the ones controlling the main strobe beam in the center. Here is my setup in Beam:

Update - I have the Aura getting data from Beam after making some adjustments on the light’s settings. Testing the Aura in the Beam app makes the light show a greenish-yellow color strobe. In Live, however, with the generic plugin set to the Aura tag I set, none of the controls seem to work including the “intensity.” Light does nothing.

Any idea what might be happening?

EDIT: I solved it!. The color mode had to be changed to RGB in the Live plugin. The mapping is a little weird because it’s generic, but I think I can get it working from here. Thanks for the profiles, hope this helps someone~

EDIT: Continuing to work this out. It looks like the best way to control the beam and aura is with 2 separate MIDI tracks.

EDIT: Have it almost all sorted, except for the Aura fx parameters. I can change the color, but it seems to be stuck in a random strobe effect. Aura’s fx and strobe parameters from 0-1 in Live has no effect (fxselect, fxspeed, fxsync, shutterstrobe, strobeduration, stroberate, control, specialfx all appear to do nothing). I checked the profile in Beam, everything is mapped correctly to what the light’s manual has listed. Where could the disconnect be?

Hey, it seems like you have already figured out answers to a lot of these questions - great!

EDIT: Continuing to work this out. It looks like the best way to control the beam and aura is with 2 separate MIDI tracks.

Indeed, you need a separate device for every tag if you want separate control over the two parts of the fixture. To organize this in a more “combined” way you could use an Instrument Rack with two chains, with a device on each chain.

EDIT: Have it almost all sorted, except for the Aura fx parameters. I can change the color, but it seems to be stuck in a random strobe effect. Aura’s fx and strobe parameters from 0-1 in Live has no effect (fxselect, fxspeed, fxsync, shutterstrobe, strobeduration, stroberate, control, specialfx all appear to do nothing). I checked the profile in Beam, everything is mapped correctly to what the light’s manual has listed. Where could the disconnect be?

It turns out I made a mistake in the fixture profile above, where the channels for the Aura part of the fixture were offset by 1. Please download the file again and replace the previous version: Martin Atomic 3000 LED - 14ch.sbf (267 Bytes) (FIXED)
Apologies for the inconvenience! Let me know if this helps.
Besides the colors, the Aura part also has the shutterstrobe and colorwheel modulations.