Fixture for showtec

Hey can you please provide me with the fixture for: showtec powerspot q6 rgbw auv

The standard ones aren’t working properly

Hi @Iksolou,

The standard ones aren’t working properly

If something is not working please provide more info, so we can fix it :slight_smile:

Thank you I will try! How do i get them into the beam program. Where do I need to move it into again?

Hi Luka,

It is still not working. I put all the lights on 8 channel but they dont react at all when i test them? Can you please help me or tell me what I can try as I really need it to work

So they are only reacting if i put them on the 10ch sunstrip counting backwards. I put them on 8ch. So if the light channel is 120 the light becomes red on 112. If its 150 it becomes red on 142

Very weird. Do u know what the problem could be

Thank you I will try! How do i get them into the beam program. Where do I need to move it into again?

It sounds like you may have already found the answer to this, but just in case - place the fixture profiles into the Fixture Profiles/User folder, which you can find by going to Beam > Fixture Profiles… Restart Beam in order for the application to discover the newly added profile.

Hi Luka,

It is still not working. I put all the lights on 8 channel but they dont react at all when i test them? Can you please help me or tell me what I can try as I really need it to work

I just tested controlling the Showtec Power Spot 9 Q6 Tour simulation in Capture, using both 6-channel and 8-channel modes. When pressing the Test button in Beam, the lights seem to be responding correctly (they light up in white), both when using the Generic RGBWAUV factory profile to control the fixture in 6-channel mode and using Showtec Power Spot 9 Q6 Tour - 8ch.sbf from the post above to control it in the 8-channel mode:

I also see the expected results when controlling the lights using a Beam device in Live:

The active channels also correspond the channels in the fixture’s manual:

Based on this, it seems like the above fixture profiles are correct and your issue is most likely somewhere else.

So they are only reacting if i put them on the 10ch sunstrip counting backwards. I put them on 8ch. So if the light channel is 120 the light becomes red on 112. If its 150 it becomes red on 142

Using the 10ch Sunstrip profile with this fixture will not yield correct results, so please use the profiles above. However, the fact that the lights are reacting is at least a sign that they are receiving some DMX signal from the interface.

To begin with, please try the following:

1. Connect only one Showtec Power Spot 9 Q6 Tour fixture to your DMX interface.

2. Set it to Address 001 and Channel 008 mode:

3. Make sure that you have added the Showtec Power Spot 9 Q6 Tour - 8ch.sbf to the Fixture Profiles/User folder using the steps in the beginning of this post.

4. Add a single Showtec Power Spot 9 Q6 Tour - 8ch to your Beam patch at Address 1 and press *Test:

Let me know if the fixture is turning white and let’s take it from there.