Fixture Editor - Some Questions

Hi,
I would like to learn how to make my own fixtures but I cannot understand several things.
For examples I have this set of channels with consequent functions:

• 0-255 - CYAN COLOUR WHEEL
    • 0-255 - MAGENTA COLOUR WHEEL
    • 0-255 - YELLOW COLOUR WHEEL
    • 0 Empty position - COLOUR 1
      28 Empty + Soft Filter
      50 Soft Filter
      80 Soft Filter + Lavender
      100 Lavender
      129 Lavender + CTO 3200K
      150 CTO 3200K
      181 CTO 3200K + CTO 2500K
      204 CTO 2500K
      235 CTO 2500K + Blue Wood (UV Filter)
      255 Blue Wood (UV Filter)
  1. THE SAME OF 4 BUT “COLOUR 2”
  2. THE SAME OF 4 AND 5 BUT “COLOUR 3”

In the fixture editor what should I put for these six channels? I guess 1/2/3 are just colours but 4/5/6 are what? What function should I put in the editor?
Is there a way to write down the DMX value for the function in detail instead of just having to use already written functions… when van in custom what can be done since functions cannot be edited in detail?
Is there a way to test the fixture before I am in the theatre… where I will surely have little time to try it out?

Thanks

P.S. I enclose an excerpt of a fisture which I cannot do and which I sent you with the specific module.

Hi,

This looks like the Claypaky Mythos2 fixture (you should have the profiles in your email, but here it is for reference: Claypaky Mythos2 - Vector - 34ch.sbf). This light has a number of features you can use to mix a color:

#1: CMY color system based on 3 gradually fading color wheels
#2: 15 color filters on three wheels
#3: 2 CTO filters (3,200K and 2,500K) + 1 CTB filter

All of these are dichroic filters used for subtractive color mixing, filtering a part of the spectrum of the base white light.

#1 - these CMY color wheel (controlled by channels 1, 2, 3) are continuous, which means you can dial in very specific colors and gradually fade between them, similarly as you can with additive LED RGB lights, just using a different, subtractive approach - see this video to get an idea of how the mechanism works. If you create the channels for it using the CMY + Dim macro in Beam’s Fixture Editor, Beam will automatically convert RGB/HSL color values from Beam devices to DMX values for these CMY color wheels.

#2, #3 - these are color wheels with static color filters that can be used in addition to the CMY filter combination - you can imagine it as placing a Rosco/LEE filter in front of a light.
To control them with Beam, I would assign a separate modulation keyword to each of these channels (4, 5, 6):

Is there a way to write down the DMX value for the function in detail instead of just having to use already written functions… when van in custom what can be done since functions cannot be edited in detail?

I am not sure I understand exactly what you mean, could you please say more?
You can create custom attributes via the Custom… macro. You can edit all of their properties - to confirm input press Enter:

If you want to add more than one custom attribute, make sure to first rename the Function of the already added attribute from Custom to something else.