Chauvet DJ Gigbar2 Fixture Request

Hi! Try as I might to make a fixture profile for my Chauvet DJ Gigbar 2, I seem to lack the proficiency to assemble one on my own at the moment.

Could I get a Beam Fixture Profile for it please?

I also was trying to use a similarly assembled 35 channel Gigbar Move capture profile and ableton test session from another topic, but when that failed to connect I found myself posting here. (For the first time.)

Thank you so much for your time and any pointers or videos would be appreciated.

I already answered this in an e-mail, but reposting it here in case anyone else finds it relevant.

1. Place these files into your Fixture Profiles/User folder, which you can find by going to Beam > Fixture Profiles…
    Chauvet DJ GigBAR 2 - 23ch.sbf (619 Bytes)
    Chauvet DJ GigBAR 2 - 23ch (strobe).sbf (905 Bytes)
    Chauvet DJ GigBAR 2 - 23ch (derby).sbf (638 Bytes)
    Chauvet DJ GigBAR 2 - 23ch (laser).sbf (659 Bytes)
    Chauvet DJ GigBAR 2 - 23ch (par).sbf (1.1 KB)

2. Restart Beam.

3. In Beam’s Patch Editor, add the Chauvet DJ GigBAR 2 - 23ch fixture to your fixture patch, don’t assign any tags yet.

4. Double-click on the added fixture to see its components. Assign a tag to each fixture group: Par, Derby, Laser, Strobe.

etc.

5. In Live, add a Generic device for each fixture group and set them up like so:

Example Beam patch: gigbar 2.sbp (2.8 KB)
Example Live set: gigbar 2.als (26.8 KB)

Thank you so much for the speedy reply Luka! I was following the steps and when I reached step 3 I was prompted that i was missing " Chauvet DJ GigBAR 2 - 23ch (laser) " Could that possibly be where the double derby link in the post above was intended to be? I will try and see if this is all enough to get me to the finish line. But I wanted to post here just for future relevance. ( I was one of those people benefiting from your posterity posts. )

Thanks again!

I found it in my email! ( For others )
Chauvet DJ GigBAR 2 - 23ch (derby).sbf (638 Bytes)

Thanks again, im going to get back to it and see if i cant get these lights a-blinkin

(EDIT: Upon reupload, it seems that the laser defaulted to derby in the file name? i guess that is why it never worked initally, I didnt put that one in because i thought it was a duplicate. TLDR: User Error lol)

Thanks for noticing this - I edited my original post. This seems to happen whenever the forum detects a file with exact same contents is uploaded (in this case both derby and laser use the same exact profile, so I now made a small change to the laser file that allowed me to upload it as a separate file).

Hey Luka!

I wanted to update you on my progress. I have followed these steps a few times over and still haven’t successfully controlled my lights.

Some notes that may have clues?

I see the ‘Generic’ Plug-in connect to the beam tag. (seems to look good)

When i do use the Ableton template provided in this thread. a yellow notification pops up saying my Control Surface 3 Macro for Komplete Kontrol A49 >Generic> Main (A macro to use keyboard pots on ableton instruments, Could this be interfering?)

My gigbar 2 is set to D001. It blinks in the manner that tells me its in the correct mode.

I use a Enttec Pro that seems to be light up when i plug it in.

It goes into a 5 to 3 pin converter and then into a 3 pin DMX cable into the Gigbar

I see the generic paramters look great. when i press the test play, i see the midi information going in.

I’ll keep at it, but I was also going to request a Capture profile for this bar? I tried to use the 35 Ch Gigbar, and I just dont know enough about catpure to edit it into my fixture.

Looking forward to gettting these lights moving! lol.

Thanks again.

Hi John!

I just tested the profiles above using Capture and the simulation of the fixture seemed to respond as expected:

Here is the Capture test file for GigBAR 2 in 23-ch mode: GigBAR2 test.c2p (13.6 KB)

My gigbar 2 is set to D001. It blinks in the manner that tells me its in the correct mode.

The D001 on the fixture display represents the starting address of your fixture (this should be the same as the starting address in your Beam patch). If you selected the 23CH mode, you should be good:

To understand if the data is successfully arriving from Live to Beam, please change one of the parameters of one of the Beam devices (e.g. Intensity of the Par device controlling the GigBAR Par tag) in Live while having the Beam’s Monitor open and check if you see any of the values changing:

Hey Luka!

I was able to see the data reach beams monitor! But i was still unable to get the capture profile or the Gigbar 2 to respond. (Thank you for the profile btw)

Also Capture can see my Enttec, so everything seems like it would work now. I’ll keep fiddling with it. But I wanted to update on the progress.

Have a great day!

Hi @Pxffin, have you been able to make it work? If not, can you check that you have the desired output device selected in Preferences?
Also, can you confirm that Beam is authorized by going to Beam > Settings…? Beam stops outputting DMX after the 30-day trial is over.

If you are trying to output Art-Net to Capture running on the same computer, please make sure you start Capture before Beam.

If you are trying to output to an Enttec DMX USB device, make sure the device is not in use by another program, such as Capture (so if you cannot select it in Beam, try to quit Capture).

LUKA YOU DID IT!

Thank you!!!

It was still on Artnet, the second it was switched to my Enttec I was in business.

I am elated.

Heroic Support

I am going to go play with this thing finally!

2 Likes