Capturing video into Ableton/Videosync in session view?

…feel like i should know this, but is it possible to capture video live into session view tracks? Kind of like a Looper but inc. video?

Hey Rob! Unfortunately this isn’t possible with Videosync.

ay, fair enough. Thanks for the quick reply. Is that a possible future feature? or is it not possible within the architecture of Ableton?

Within the boundaries of Live’s API this is indeed not possible currently. Something in the form of a device however, would. It’s on the wishlist!

1 Like

good to hear. thanks

I’m speculating in ignorance here, but if there was a way to automatically update adding files from a specific folder to a specific track then OBS could be used for the a/v clip recording…?

I have no idea how to do this, other than my recent experience with OBS. It records an a/v signal in preferred resolutions and formats, and it is possible to designate a specific folder.

I use OBS in my live set-up as a desktop monitor, and a virtual camera for some devices, so it would be easy (if a little CPU-expensive) to manually or automatically record what I see/hear. The question then is how to seamlessly add this into Ableton on the fly so it can be integrated into the performance.

Is there a way to add files to tracks non-manually? When I search, the word ‘automation’ is used in a very specific way for Ableton, so i can’t see if this is possible…