Best USB DMX Interface for Using Beam on Mac?

Hello! I am having issues getting my Enttec Open DMX USB interface to play nicely with my Mac. Some days it likes to work, some days it doesn’t! A friend of mine suggested that the FTDI drivers associated with this interface are indeed very unstable with mac. So, my question to you is, would you have any specific suggestion for a product or brand of DMX USB interface that would be most compatible with running Beam on a Mac?

Thank you!

Hi John,

Sorry to hear that about your USB interface! It appears this is indeed an occurring issue. Rather than another USB interface, the most stable alternative we would recommend would be an Artnet Node. One that we know and work with is the Enttec ODE MK2.

Let me know if that helps!

Thank you for the response! Unfortunately, my laptop can only output data via USB. Do you have any idea if this will work well with an ethernet to USB adapter or if that would present that same issues? Thanks again!

That should work just fine :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your help! I will look into that device once I can afford it. For now, I will have to work with my current device’s spottiness. Thanks again!