Adding Multiple Masks for Different Processings

I’m looking to create 2 different masks, in this case with some basic shape shader to have 2 different ‘‘sections’’ in which I apply different processings.

Any thoughts how to do it?

Cheers,

Hey Daniel,

Would something like this work for you?

-deleted

would you be so kind to save also the devices with the shaders on it? I feel If i just change the devices it wont load the right shader.

Thanks!!

That’s my bad! Could you try this version? If you have the Videosync 1.3 Plugins folder in your User Library, it should just find everything with this one:

masks.als (17.5 KB)

could you kindly explain the process behind it? It works nicely but to recreate based on my own setups i need to understand whats going on :slight_smile: Thank you!

Sure!

• It is track 1 and 2 that you are actually seeing in Videosync’s Master Out window.
  • Track 3 and 4 are just creating filler content, and their track outputs are set to “Sends Only”, ensuring we don’t see their direct output in the Master Out window.
  • On track 1 and 2, we are first using an ISF Loader with the Basic Shape shader to creating a shape somewhere on the screen. For track 1 the shape is green and for track 2 it’s red.
  • Next to the ISF Loader on track 1 is a Keyer device, which is in Color mode, and is using its “Back Source” to fill the color green with the content from Track 3:

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 10.36.40

• The same applies to Track 2 and 4, except we’re keying out the color red (it may as well have been green, as both masks live on separate tracks anyway. With the color red however I had to adjust the Tolerance a bit for it to work:

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 10.38.52

After the processing on both tracks is finished, both tracks are blended together using the default Additive blend mode. To learn more about blend modes and how routing works, I highly recommend watching their respective videos in this YouTube playlist for practical examples.