What is up with this software? It keeps crashing and glitching

Just started in after watching a bunch of video content, and this software doesn’t seem very stable for me. Half the time, I can’t get the VideoSync to connect. Settings don’t seem to be saving when opening a file I’ve previously worked on, and something I just spent the last hour or two working on (a 16 pad drum rack) now seems to have lost track of the sample. ISF shaders don’t seem to re-load half the time.

So far, when it works, it seems less resource intensive than EBOsuite, but it seems extremely buggy overall.

Any posts / topics or things I should read about before trying to build instruments for a live show?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for checking in here, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. Most of the issues you are describing have been on our radar for some time, and we now have a beta build that aims to resolve them. Please try it out and let us know your findings.

Beta no longer available.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue of not receiving all the data (MIDI notes and parameter automation values) from Max for Live devices in situations where many devices are used.
  • Improved performance: it is now possible to work more reliably with sets containing larger amounts of Videosync devices.

Thank you. I’ll give this a shot and report back.

1 Like

Seems to work, but devices still load very slowly the first time. I’ve also noticed, only because I keep doing this… that it will crash ableton if I delete an ISF shader instance while it’s playing.

Actually, just trying to delete the ISF Loader, before anything plays causes the entire set to crash.

Thank you for all your feedback on the forum. I’d be happy to jump on a Zoom call with you right now if you are available? Perhaps there are some things we can clarify together.

I actually have to run out for a bit, but I did sign up for the Ableton Organizer meeting on November 5th. I have a live performance on the 7th and was hoping to whip something up by then.

Sounds good, that’s going to be a fun one :slight_smile: See you then!

Hey Martin,

Last night we released a new version of Videosync (1.2.4) containing an important bug fix, that could very well resolve most of the issues you were describing. Please give it a try. If the issues persist please let us know. I’ll mark this topic as resolved until then.