Installation problem

It says:

You can’t save the file “Videosync Control Surface” because the volume “Mac SSD” is read only.

Try saving the file to another volume.

Why?

Hi Tamás!

It looks like our installer isn’t able to install the control surface in your Ableton Live installation. This can happen when the macOS user account you’re using doesn’t have the right permissions. Are you using the same user account you used for installing Ableton Live?

You can try to change to permission of Mac SSD by following these instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp1203/mac

Hope this helps!

Hi!
I’m using the same administrator account to install the software. I triued wit hmy external USB as well but the problem is the same

Hmm. I’m not sure why this happens. As a workaround, you can manually copy the Control Surface.

• Make sure Ableton Live and Videosync are not running.
  • Right-click on the Videosync app and and click on ‘Show Package Contents’.
  • Go to the folder Contents/Resources. Here you’ll see a folder called ‘Videosync Control Surface’.
  • Copy the folder by pressing CMD-C.
  • Find the Ableton Live app in Applications, and right-click, ‘Show Package Contents’.
  • Go to the folder Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts, and paste the Videosync Control Surface in that folder. (CMD-V)
  • If all went well, you’ll now see the ‘Videosync Control Surface’ folder somewhere at the bottom of the list.
  • Rename the folder to ‘Videosync’.
  • Launch Videosync and Ableton Live. Videosync should now skip the copy step and continue with the installation.

Hope this helps!